Yr Anymwybod Cymreig: Freud, Dirfodaeth a’r Seine Cenedlaethol
This book discusses the history of ideas in Wales over half a century between the end of the First World War and the death of the influential philosopher JR Jones in 1970. It traces and analyzes the response of Welsh authors and intellectuals to new ideas, such as psychoanalysis and satirism , in the fields of psychology and philosophy.
1. Soul Physicians: Psychoanalysis and Psychotherapy in Welsh
2. Dark Tonight? Welsh Writers' Responses To Psychoanalysis
3. Crisis and Commitment: A Welsh Consciousness
4. Completing the Break: Psychology at the Work of JR Jones
2. It is an interdisciplinary volume covering history, psychology, literature and philosophy.
3. The volume pays close attention to the work of important Welsh writers of the first half of the twentieth century in particular who have been generally neglected or forgotten, such as Elena Puw Morgan, Gwilym O. Roberts and Harri Williams.
4. Attempts to demonstrate the relevance and importance of some of the ideas discussed in the authors' works featured in the volume to contemporary debates about mental health, politics and Welsh identity.
Review of www.gwales.com
Author: Rhys Mwyn
Number of Pages: 304
Release Date: June 2019